Support Brookline’s Sister City Project and support global connections for residents of Brookline! BQSCP is celebrating its 29th Anniversary with an educational week scheduled for Oct. 16-22, 2016.
Highlights of Brookline Sister City Week
- Monday Oct. 16th @ 3 PM
English/Spanish poetry event
Center Communities of Brookline
1550 Beacon St.- 3rd floor
Brookline, MA 02446
- Tuesday Oct. 17th @ 7 PM
Science on Screen at the Coolidge Corner Theatre of the film Chinatown. Before the film there will be a scientific presentation about water quality.
- Thursday Oct. 20th 5:30 – 7 PM
“A Taste of Brookline” Celebration/Fundraiser honoring Jean & Peter Stringham.
- Thursday Oct. 20th 7:30 PM Educational forum co-sponsored by Brookline Adult & Community Education (BA&CE) with Michael Dukakis and Stephen Kinzer
Temple Ohabei Shalom
1187 Beacon St.
Brookline, MA 02446
In the last years, BQSCP has provided funding for a wide range of projects:
- First computer classrooms in Quezalguaque
- Renovation of the BQSCP built health center & two satellite sites
- Pipitos special education program
- Public health programs to combat dengue & Zika, study childhood malnutrition, continuing work to address the epidemic of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Continuing support for BQSCP built library & mobile library, housing, medical transportation & for an arts program.
WE HOPE TO CONTINUE FUNDING THESE & OTHER PROJECTS.
BQSCP receives no public funding & has no paid staff. Our work is totally supported by voluntary contributions primarily from the Brookline community but also from around the country.
Sponsors for the 29th Anniversary Celebration on October 20nd will be listed in the invitations for the event and in the program. Donations may be targeted to specific projects or given to the BQSCP general fund to support the above programs.
To be a sponsor, click on the appropriate category below.
Contributions to the Brookline Sister City Project are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. The Brookline Quezalguaque Sister City Project is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3).
Sponsorship payable to Brookline-Quezalguaque Sister City Project may be mailed to BQCSP, P.O. Box 114, Brookline, MA 02446. Please include your name and address.
29h Anniversary Celebration Committee
Chair – Chobee Hoy
|Jenny Amory||John Grew|
|Alan Balsam||Paula Kaminow|
|Dana Brigham||Judy Paradis|
|Carol Caro||Richard Segan|
|Carrie Carrizosa||Enid Shapiro|
|Chris Chanyasulkit||Lois Statlender|
|Stacey Downey||Peter Stringham, MD|
|Gov. Michael & Kitty Dukakis||Kathy Tallman|
|Margery Eagan||Lisa Wisel|