Every February the Friends of the Brookline Library donate the proceeds from the book sales at all three libraries to our Sister City library in Quezalguaque, Nicaragua. Over the years these funds help to finance the purchase of new books and equipment for the library. They also provide money to help defray the cost of the mobile library which makes it possible for librarians to visit the remote rural areas in the municipality. Each of the libraries in Brookline has an area where you can purchase books, DVDs, books on CD, music CDs, and magazines. Items are available whenever the library is open.
- Nicaragua Update June 6, 2018
- Sister City Project Invests $47K+ in Clean Water Initiative June 6, 2018
- February Meeting in Quezalguaque March 4, 2018
- Celebrating 30 Years October 24, 2017
- SISTER CITY WEEK EVENTS August 30, 2017